Benefits of Magnesium:
1. Better sleep - The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, Magnesium brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place. Magnesium chloride is known as a body relaxant and body tonic. Spray liberally onto feet Like Zen magnesium oil spray, massage in then apply a moostuiser to stop skin drying.
2. Relaxes the nervous system - Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium. Spray on to neck and shoulders massage in to allow neck and back muscles to relax.
3. Bigger, stronger muscles - Magnesium allows the body to produce more Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell's energy store, and is created with help from Magnesium.
4. Better flexibility - Magnesium loosens tight muscles. Without Magnesium, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium is important for flexibility, because low Magnesium results in a buildup of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness. Prior to exercise spray Like Zen to muscles to help relax muscle tissue. After sports soak In a Like Zen Magnesium Flakes to help ease muscle pain and fatigue. This will will reduce injury time.
5. Bone integrity and strength - Magnesium helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people's mind that the calcium supplements they're taking are not only useless, but are actually contributing to osteoporosis! There are actually about eighteen essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential, because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone. Eating magnesium rich food such as green leafy vegetables and soya beans, pistachios will help, with application of magnesium oil sprayed daily.
6. Remineralizes teeth - Magnesium deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorous and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
7. Alkalizes the body - Magnesium helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).
8. Hydrates - Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration.
9. Helps to relieve constipation - Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins. See your naturopath on the best recommended dosage internally.
10. Enzyme function - Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others.
I just love other blogging sites, learning from other's all the time.
This week I have been looking closely at new wellness sites and bloggers that happen to be in the fitness industry.
Everyone sharing there thoughts and experiences on how to get fit, what to use and what not to do. How to eat right, what preservatives to avoid, what are super-foods and more.
I have loved it and would get you in a spare 5 mins to look some of these inspirational people up.
Some have lost a lot of weight, others just share family recipes and wellness advice.
Of course be careful, some people have no experience and try to influence a lot of people. Pick and choose your favourite bloggers, as I have found most give some inspiration to motivate us to do something good.
So what are you doing today?
Enjoy each day as tomorrow is a new chapter in your life, as there is only today.
My skin tip of the day is be gentle to your skin. I get asked frequently why cannot I just scrub daily. Well the truth is that if you over stimulate your skin, you can cause fine microscopic tears with in correct exfoliants, You can stimulate small capillaries to break and you can spread infection.
Use a scrub or exfoliant about 1-2 week for most skin problems.
My wellness tip of the day: Smile, if you smile the whole world will smile with you. A simple smile makes you and other's feel good. Even if you are feeling down, fake it. It actually works.
And the last bit, ring someone you were meant to call. Say hello and smile when you are doing it. They will hear the difference in your tone.
From all of us at like zen
Stay healthy and happy.
Follow us on www.facebook.com/likezenproducts or
Today I thought I would share some of my favourite blogs with you all. Sometimes I like food blogs other times its beauty. So this morning I was inspired by one on Food and one on nails. So follow me and learn from these two blogs.
Today I'm really been taken back by one amazing women. This Sydney based blogger with 5 children, yes I did say 5 children, has the energy motivation and skills to feed her family raw food.
The blog is so amazing, and yes this lady is also the creator, designer and the blogger and not to mention the most amazing photographer. Nicole is also putting together a wonderful book on children's receipes.
So check her out.
Also because we all love nails I looked at Serenity Nails. This blog was created by Christine whom loves anything to do with nails and nail art and nail products. I'm sure you will be intrigued like myself on the nail art work and funky nail enamels she reviews.
Check Stephanie out on http://www.serenitynails.com.au/
Till another Day
Subscribe to Like Zen Blog page to find out about wellness and health tips.