Are you tired, run down or suffering aches or pains?
Or maybe you suffer with skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis or acne.
Or even muscle cramping and low immunity.
The world health organisation estimates most people in the western world are to some extent magnesium deficient.
This "miracle mineral" is the 4th most important mineral that the body needs.
And is the only one we know of, that can be topically absorbed through the largest organ of the body.....
Pretty Cool Hey?
Magnesium plays an essential role, it actually is needed and is used for over 300 enzymatic reactions, helping to transport vitamins and minerals, it helps activates hormones and vitamins, removes wastes and toxins, is known as a great anti inflammatory and helps pain relief.
Magnesium is also known to help transport the important hormone Vit D.
We are all aware these days how important Vit D is for immunity but did you know that we need magnesium to help deliver it to the cells!
Not only does this amazing mineral do that but it helps balance our calcium ratio.
OK what that mean??
Well it is that every muscle has calcium to contract the muscle and magnesium plays an important part to relax those muscles.
So when muscles are sore, fatigued or cramping remember magnesium applied topically will aid in muscle relaxation. (Soak or spray magnesium onto those muscles).
Now talking about relaxation magnesium is known to help reduce stress and anxiety, even a common thing like hyper tension, and is important for blood and brain integrity.
It relaxes the muscles, calms excited nerve endings reducing the feeling that most of us suffer, STRESS.
So guess what?
Magnesium is known as a "miracle oil" for good reasons, and yes magnesium oils vary in concentration, mineral content, so be aware that some contain heavy metals and aluminium which is best to avoid.
Make sure you get a trusted brand that therapist use.
And if you have done any science you would be aware that as a mineral magnesium cannot be organic.
It is a non organic element. So don't be fooled by some advertising.
Magnesium is your 2017 friend! We all need it.
As most of us are low or deficient in magnesium this natural mineral may assist with many common symptoms like:
Fatigue, stress and anxiety
Muscle cramping and fatigue - even period pain and restless leg syndrome.
Muscle recovery from working out and sports
Help with irregular sleep or insomnia
Helps with acne and pimples, by raising the PH balance slightly and reduces inflammation and bacteria.
Great to relieve migraines and headaches when sprayed regularly on back of neck and hairline.
It is also great for people that suffer confusion and tics.
So you ask how can I use this great mineral ?
Simple soaking, spraying, scrubbing and hydrating your skin daily with magnesium products may help boost your levels.
If though you are pregnant or suffering any medical issue, please seek medical advice.
The body absorbs magnesium chloride through the skin, more effectively than taking tablets or capsules,
which are known as an irritant to the stomach and in most people poorly absorbed. So applying to the skin is the most effective way of absorbing magnesium regularly.
Trans-dermal magnesium - means application and absorption into the skin, so simply soaking your feet in 1 cup of magnesium chloride flakes for 15 mins, 3 x a week will help to keep your levels boosted.
But you may prefer the long soak in a bath? If so its water to salt ratio. So for your cells to absorb enough magnesium you must have the bath nice and salty and not to hot water, to absorb correctly.
Then using a magnesium scrub to remove dead cells, spraying topically magnesium oil ( which is not actually a oil...its known as that. It is actually a brine of magnesium flakes, and then hydrating your skin with a moisturiser booster with magnesium will do the job.
So if you have been drinking alcohol, eating processed foods, perspire,suffering menopause, work out in the gym or play sports, or you may even work out doors, or even have poor sleeping patterns is the time to up your magnesium levels.
If you answered yes to any of the above its clear you need a boost. Magnesium chloride is assimilated easily and quickly into the skin, so start soaking, scrubbing, spraying and hydrating with magnesium to see and feel the results.
Author is Susanne Fraser
" In today's Modern life we all need something that is easy and that fixes everything right?"
Well Magnesium in spray or flake form can help treat many of today's problems.............
Let's take a look how it works and how it may be beneficial for you.
1. Reduces Stress and Anxiety - Most people feel stressed sometime in their life. The great thing about magnesium is it calms over firing nerves to the brain, lifts our DHEA hormone - the feel good hormone and allows our body to relax naturally.
2. Relieves Muscle Aches and Pains - Magnesium is also known as a muscle relaxant. It also helps inflammation, relieves pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia, tendonitis. It is easy to spray on magnesium to a tight sore muscle and within minutes most pain starts to release.
Or relax in a warm bath of Magnesium Flakes and your muscles will love you.
3. Is Great for Skin - Magnesium Chloride flakes in warm not hot water is great for skin. It relieves eczema and dermatitis, raises the alkalinity to help heal skin and is great to take down pussy and sore pimples any where on the body with its antibacterial properties and ability to reduce inflammation.
Even little babies skin will love a magnesium chloride bath for irritated skin.
Just use a smaller amount of flakes in a warm bath.
Pimples go away quickly. and reduce scarring. For the game, spray magnesium oil onto hand and press onto face. If lesions are open it may sting, but it is only a salt sting. If stinging sensation is to much just apply a moisturiser over the top or simply wash off after a couple of minutes. It will still have worked.
4. Relieves Cramping - Ouch is the word, especially in the middle of the night or when you are exercising.
It really is amazing. Most cramps when sprayed with Magnesium oil, massaged in will relieve in minutes.
5. Need some Sleep - Magnesium is great for sleeping it actually calms the body naturally, relieves built up tension and calms the mind. Sprayed onto the soles of the feet and the back of the neck massaged in, then apply a moisturiser of the top to stop drying. The magnesium within a couple of nights of use, normally have people sleeping like a baby.
6. It May aid weight Loss - Magnesium is used in every single cell of the body and helps eliminates wastes. When suffering from cellulite magnesium chloride flakes can be used in a hot bath. This helps to remove toxins and body wastes, from the cells and draws out moisture. Leading Australian beauty therapist love it for these results
7. Helps transports VIt D - we all know how essential Vit D is, but most of us are suffering from a lack of it.
Reports claim it to be one of the most essential vitamins we need to help our immunity and strength cells which fights disease. Magnesium is the transporter to our cells and without enough magnesium our VIt D levels may be low. Start spraying magnesium to lift your Vit D level.
8. Give's you energy - The great thing about spraying magnesium on to your body is that it will give you a nice energy boost like coffee. Magnesium activates over 350 enzymatic reactions, including Vit B 12. And it helps break down glucose to help create energy.
So spray across your chest, shoulders and neck for more energy. This will also aid your immunity.
9. Great Pre and Post Work out oil - Magnesium oil is great to help endurance, relieve pain, reduce spasms, helps to balance calcium and magnesium ration within muscle and strengths bones. Pre-work out, the muscle will be more relaxed, allowing for better flexion and relaxation of each muscle. For post work out magnesium oil and flakes reduce inflammation within the muscle allowing quicker muscle repair, and help reduce stiffness.
10. Feeling Angry, over reactive or just simply out of balance - As a primary regulator of electrical activity of the body, magnesium is needed for brain, bone and blood health. Excessive stress, sugar, alcohol, drugs (prescriptive or recreational depletes our magnesium stores. So by spraying and soaking in magnesium it is trans- dermally absorbed into the cells, by passing the gut for a quick response. Reduces the feelings of anger, frustration and brings a nice calm to the system.
For medical conditions please consult your medical practitioner.
To purchase magnesium products seek your local skin clinic or beauty salon and ask for Like Zen Magnesium products. Avoid if you have kidney failure, bowel problems, myasthenia gravis or a heart block. As always consult with your doctor regarding your health.
Have you ever wondered why you just need a bath?
Your body is feeling stressed and frazzled, your mind is tired and you just need to escape the world.
In our modern society we say we have no time for the humble bath, we have so much to do and not enough time?
Sound like you?
Well I will let you in on a couple of secrets?
Bathing is a relaxing and nurturing ritual. The warm water has a soothing balance on our body which is made up of over 90% water.
As a child our Mother’s would wash as in a warm bath, normally most children loved this time. So exactly what is stopping you from enjoying some me time.
"My secret is"..........
Now you have got it, not only the warm water, but the magnesium has amazing benefits.
So by now you have learnt the secret, but there is more.
These are the baths my family take often and I will share with you the recipes.
2 drops of Bergamot
2 drops of Lavender
2 drops of Sandalwood
This gives a top note, middle and base note, exactly like blending perfume.
The top note gives it the beautiful smell when you get into the bath, the middle note is the next scent that you smell when you relax and then the beautiful note of Sandalwood, gives the grounding and relaxing effect.
Lay back and soak for 15 mins. Lock the door this is your time.
2. Kids Bath – Great for whinging kids and if any skin problems like eczema.
1 cup of magnesium chloride in warm water and wrap oats in a muslin ball, about the size of your hands so kids cannot swallow it, but they can play and squeeze it, letting out the properties of the soothing oats.
If you don’t have time to make a muslin ball, simple add 1 cup of milk to bath to soothe skin.
Add the essential oils to the milk or a little water before adding to the bath, 2 drops of mandarin essential oil, 1 drop of lavender, and 1 drop of lime.
(This blend was given to me years ago by a French lady and I love it)
Let kids play in the bath with your supervision for 10-15 mins. The magnesium oil, oats or milk will do the trick.
3. Sports recovery bath – my partner is a mad sports person, especially playing soccer and riding his bike. Both come frequently with injuries, including sprains, muscle aches and fatigue.So this blend is especially favorable in summer when you want a cool (or some do extreme ice bath)
2 cups of Magnesium chloride, this is for the anti-inflammatory, with a couple of drops of Rosemary,
1 drop of peppermint and 1 drop of German chamomile.
If you run the bath you will get bonus points and they might even help around the house more.
4.The Detox Bath – great for cellulite and this one a friend in the beauty industry swears by it. You need to do 3 soaks a week for this one in a very warm bath for fastest results and remember to drink plenty of water when you are doing detox baths.2 x cups of Magnesium Chloride
½ cup of Bicarb soda
½ cup of course Pink Himalayan Salts or Try a combined Magnesium and Pink Salt Blend
Mix with 4 drops of eucalyptus oil, 1 drop of peppermint and 2 drops of lemongrass.
You will feel like you are on holidays but remember you need to do a couple of times a week, drinks water, Dry body brush a couple of times during the week and soak for 20 mins.
You might even find the bath changes colour as the toxins are released.
Don’t have a bath or not enough time????
Don’t despair, simply get a big bucket, whilst watching TV and soak your feet.
The great advantage of essential oils and magnesium they will enter the body even through the feet.
So hopefully I have given you reasons to try some great bath recipes.
Share with us your favorite, combinations and how often do you get the chance to bath.
And if you don't have time to blend, these are some of our favorite
Dream time - blended to help you sleep and relax
and Celebration Bath Flakes, this beautiful uplifting blend will have you smiling,
and you can even use them as a body scrub.
If you like the blog, share with your friends.
Enjoy till next time
When you are enjoying a Magnesium Bath the body is doing a detox, taking toxins away from your body plus you are absorbing the magnesium salts into the cells.
So it is very important to follow a few tips for a great relaxing and beneficial bath.
1. Drink lots of natural pure water when you are taking magnesium baths.
2. If you are run down, recovering from illness or injury, it is important to have a stronger bath of the magnesium flakes.
We recommend 1-2 cups of Like Zen Magnesium Chloride Flakes, or our beautiful Dream-time Magnesium Flakes for a relaxing bath, or to up lift, the combination of aromatherapy essential oils and magnesium flakes will make "Celebration Like Zen" the perfect bath partners.
If you are very depleted chronic fatigue, aches and pains etc we would recommend bathing every day for 7 days. the continue for the next 8 weeks 2-3 x a week for maintenance program.
Most of us do not have the time or luxury of a full bath nightly. But you can still obtain the benefits with a foot bath.
We recommend filling a foot bath covering the ankle, feet on the floor for about 20 mins. The water should not be to hot.
To hot full body baths or foot baths have been proven to be more of a detox.
So if you want more absorption of the magnesium a bath with the temperature just above your normal body temperature is ideal.
Enjoy your bath it is the best way to relax, distress, relieve muscle aches and pains, aids in depression, insomnia, anxiety.
It will help less Asthma attacks and help chronic fatigue, psoriasis and dermatitis.
#magnesiumchloride #magnesiumbaths #wellnessbath #magnesiumflakes #magnesiumsydney #magnesium australia #magnesiumuses #magnesiumbenefits #bathtime #bathproducts #bathflakes #bathsalts #exczema #skinmagnesium
Subscribe to Like Zen Blog page to find out about wellness and health tips.